Excessive stage periods will probably be attended by:
- Audrey Azoulay, Director-Basic of UNESCO
- President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Mr. Muhammadu Buhari
- Mr. Tawfik Jelassi, Deputy Director Basic, Communications and Data, UNESCO
- HRH Princess Rym al-Ali, founding father of Jordan Media Institute
- HRH Princess Abze Djigma, President of HRH Princess Abze Djigma Basis, Burkina Faso
- Ms. Melissa Fleming, Assistant Secretary Basic for World Communications, United Nations
- Carla Barnett, Secretary Basic, Managing Director of the Caribbean Group and Widespread Market
- Mr. Pornchai Danvivathana, Secretary Basic, Asian Cooperation Dialogue
- Mr. Ulrik Vestergaard Knudsen, Deputy Secretary Basic, Group for Financial Cooperation and Growth.
All stakeholders world wide can take part on this celebration by organizing native on-line and offline occasions or actions associated to media and data literacy of their native communities or areas all through the week. These occasions should be recorded Right here. Greater than 600 occasions have been recorded worldwide to this point. events even have the chance to arrange on-line and offline exhibitions by registering. Right here.
UNESCO is the principle promoter. media and data literacy. It trains individuals to suppose critically about data and the usage of digital instruments. It helps individuals make knowledgeable choices about tips on how to take part in constructing peace, equality, freedom of expression, dialogue, entry to data and sustainable improvement.
UNESCO helps and defends media and data literacy initiatives world wide. These efforts resulted in 25 international locations taking motion to develop nationwide media and data literacy insurance policies and techniques, operating trainings in almost 100 international locations primarily based on the Media and Data Literacy Curriculum, increasing and supporting the UNESCO Media and Data Literacy Alliance with members in 113 international locations. 300 youth organizations, 100 of them in Africa, combine and strengthen media and data literacy of their insurance policies and operations, reaching a whole bunch of hundreds of younger individuals
World Media and Data Literacy Week, celebrated from October 24-31 every year, is a vital alternative for stakeholders to evaluate and have a good time progress in the direction of media and data literacy for all.
Alongside its important occasions (Worldwide Media and Data Literacy Convention and Intercultural Dialogue and Youth Agenda Discussion board), World Media and Data Literacy Week connects native occasions world wide to advertise Media Literacy connections and Informing throughout disciplines, professions and borders.
#World #Media #Data #Literacy #Week